Bay of Collioure
A pearl on the Vermeille coast, Collioure and its bay is a corner of paradise located between land and sea on the Spanish border.
Tucked away on the magnificent bay of turquoise waters with the mountains tumbling into the sea, Collioure is a town steeped in history boasting an outstanding architectural heritage comprising religious and military buildings such as the Château Royal and Notre-Dame-des-Anges church.
Collioure is a colourful town with its ocre and pink facades, multicoloured Catalan boats and the bright blue sky and sea... A palette of colours and a source of inspiration for great artists such as Matisse, Picasso, Derain and Braque.
A gourmet experience awaits you when you visit Collioure : anchovies, delicious seafood, parillada (grill) of fish, Sarsuela and Paëlla, cargolada (grilled snails), Catalan lamb and the famous Catalan cream for those with a sweet tooth ! Collioure is also renowned for its wine growing industry. Red, rosé or white wine to enjoy with your meal.
To see and do in Collioure :
- Stroll along the streets of the old harbour
- Climb up the Vauban Citadel
- Visit the Château Royal which overlooks the sea
- Lazing on the pebble beach
- Visit an anchovy factory
- Admire the breathtaking panoramic view from Fort Saint-Elme and Tour Madeloc
- Visit the modern arts museum
- Follow the path "chemin des Fauves" in the footsteps of famous artists
- Admire the architecture and furnishings of Notre-Dame-des-Anges church
Further information on Collioure.
Photo credits : Wikimédia Commons © Miniwark / © TastyPoutine © Simon STRUEUX
THE BEST RATES ARE GUARANTEED BY TELEPHONE BOOKING !!!
Phone. 04 68 98 39 39